Decorating & Furniture/Office

I have an office that is 10x10 with 9 ft ceilings.  The majority of one whole wall is an arched opening.  The room is an olive green color.  My husband would like the room to be "bombay in style".  But I am trying to work with some of the pieces that I have and have a limited budget.  What is currently in the room is a wooden desk tht has black iron legs and I sprayed the hardware black to match (it was this ugly gold color). I have a bookshelf that is bamboo edging and bamboo doors.  I have a credenza that I painted a high gloss black and the panels in doors I covered in bamboo.  I have this awesome zebra rug.  So far it is coming together fairly nice.  I am having a terrible time with curtain selection.  I am stuck. My husband wants some palm leaf print but cant find something that isn't too "beachy".  I need some HELP!  What would you suggest to pull everything together?

Hi Melissa,

Sounds great so far. I think just pulling in a graphic or textured fabric with green would be nice. The palm leaf print might be too literal. Do you have access to Pier One Imports? They would have a nice selection to match the style. Also, check JC Penney, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond for discount options.

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews

I'm here to help you create a luxe look by making the most of any room within any budget. I welcome questions about furniture placement, colors, style, accessories and more.

I am a guest host and lifestyle expert for QVC - the premier home shopping network. I'm trained in redesign which entails using what you already own to create a new look. I own Decorvention - a redesign company based in the Philadelphia area. My articles have been published in national and regional publications.

Philadelphia Style, Glamour, Success, Las Vegas Life and Style, Medical Life, Philadelphia Weddings and The Philadelphia Inquirer.

BA in Communications from Temple University and redesign certification from Temple University.

Philadelphia Press Award Marcom Award Writer's Digest Awards

Available upon request.