Decorating & Furniture/Office

Question
I have an office that is 10x10 with 9 ft ceilings.  The majority of one whole wall is an arched opening.  The room is an olive green color.  My husband would like the room to be "bombay in style".  But I am trying to work with some of the pieces that I have and have a limited budget.  What is currently in the room is a wooden desk tht has black iron legs and I sprayed the hardware black to match (it was this ugly gold color). I have a bookshelf that is bamboo edging and bamboo doors.  I have a credenza that I painted a high gloss black and the panels in doors I covered in bamboo.  I have this awesome zebra rug.  So far it is coming together fairly nice.  I am having a terrible time with curtain selection.  I am stuck. My husband wants some palm leaf print but cant find something that isn't too "beachy".  I need some HELP!  What would you suggest to pull everything together?

Answer
Hi Melissa,

Sounds great so far. I think just pulling in a graphic or textured fabric with green would be nice. The palm leaf print might be too literal. Do you have access to Pier One Imports? They would have a nice selection to match the style. Also, check JC Penney, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond for discount options.

Best,
Susan  

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews