Decorating & Furniture/Salmon and Black Tile bathroom

I have a small bathroom that has the 50's salmon tile with black tile border.  The tub, sink and toilet are white.  What color would you paint the walls?  It's currently painted grey but it's the wrong shade.  What would you suggest.  I prefer Ben-Moore paint.

Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks for selecting me to answer your question.  As I was reading it, I got a clear visual of what you are dealing with.  

Grey is probably not the best selection in paint. While I get the logic someone used, it just doesn't add anything to the space.  

Unless you are in love with the salmon/black combination, I would actually paint the walls white (yes, I said it, white) and accent the space with a white shower curtain, trimmed out in black.  While that might not be easy to find ready made, a simple grained ribbon (available at any sewing center/fabric shop) can be attached to a white shower curtain by either simple sewing or a no sew technique using fusable tape and a steam iron.  Something as simple as a straight line horizontally placed below the curtain hooks and a second horizontal line across the bottom near the hem will do the trick.  I'd opt for fluffy white towels as well.  

I'd opt for chrome accessories.  You may want to add a simple chrome bud vase with  a lone flower stem in salmon to tie it all together.  

Happy decorating.

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
From Day One

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology