Decorating & Furniture/choosing paint color

Question
bed frame  color
bed frame color  
Hi Jennifer, I would like to purchase an upholstered bed frame in a sand color but I would like to paint my bedroom first. What would be a nice paint color ? Also, I would like to get new carpet , but I am confused with so many carpet colors, textures, patterns etc.?   How do I select a carpet color? DO I pick a carpet based on furniture color or wall color?  I attached a picture of one of the bed frame styles I like, in color "sand"for a better idea.

Answer
Hi Elsa,

The upholstered frame is beautiful, and as for what color to paint the wall, the world of color is open to you.  

A darker shade of sand would be beautiful and will make the bed frame stand out.  Something in the brown family would work as well - and that includes anything from sand to chocolate.  I would consider staying in the mid range for a wall color.

Carpet is a backdrop as is wall color.  My best advice is to keep the carpeting neutral in color and texture.  I would avoid large patterns or busy textures.  One "safe" choice is berber.  Using a berber in a 'sand' color with flecks of other color incorporated in it, paired with a neutral 'sand' wall color will be a cohesive color combination that allows you to accentuate your beautiful new bed frame and linens.  That's your best bet.

Remember - wall color is easy to change if you tire of it; carpeting and furniture are larger expenses that aren't so easily changed to suit your tastes.  Put your rich color into bed linens, accessories and items that can be economically changed.

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
From Day One
www.amazon.com  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik