Decorating & Furniture/Will my color scheme make my room feel warm

Question
Hello!  My living room is 12x14 but very open to the rest of my small house. I have a dark blue sofa and chair, light wood floor, light wood tables, black picture frames bookcase and wood stove.  I'm thinking painting my walls dorset gold from Benjamin Moore, with white trim and crown moulding. Will this make my room feel warm and if so, what color drapes would I put on my two windows in the room?

Answer
Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your question.  I think your color choices are good, particularly with the moldings being white.  Good choice!  

I'd probably suggest a combined color for the window treatments; perhaps a combination of the blue, white, gold.  Something tailored will be best.  If you can find a vertical stripe, that will add visual height to the room and show off your crown molding.

Hope this helps!

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"
www.amazon.com

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik