Decorating & Furniture/Will my color scheme make my room feel warm

Hello!  My living room is 12x14 but very open to the rest of my small house. I have a dark blue sofa and chair, light wood floor, light wood tables, black picture frames bookcase and wood stove.  I'm thinking painting my walls dorset gold from Benjamin Moore, with white trim and crown moulding. Will this make my room feel warm and if so, what color drapes would I put on my two windows in the room?

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your question.  I think your color choices are good, particularly with the moldings being white.  Good choice!  

I'd probably suggest a combined color for the window treatments; perhaps a combination of the blue, white, gold.  Something tailored will be best.  If you can find a vertical stripe, that will add visual height to the room and show off your crown molding.

Hope this helps!

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology