Decorating & Furniture/Fireplace

Question
Fireplace
Fireplace  
Hello, we have an older mason work fireplace that has been converted to gas.  There are two alcoves (?) beside it that I just dont know what to do with?  Please help!  The picture included is before painting and furniture.  The dimensions are H 3'7", W 2', D 2'.  Thanks

Answer
Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your question and for sending along a photo.  

You have several options.  One is to display two (or three - two on one side; one on the other) of your favorite art objects/vases/sculptures.  The lights above the areas indicate the objects there should be "featured".  It can be something as simple as a framed photo of family or a loved one but it should be something that is worth highlighting.

Otherwise, if you collect rare or first edition books, they could be placed there along with a shiny object (paper weight made of glass or silver vase on top) as a display.  

If none of these ideas appeal to you, consider a long thin piece of framed art (that matches/coordinates) for either side.

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"
www.amazon.com

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik