Decorating & Furniture/Inside front kitchen door color

We recently remodeled our kitchen.  We put in all new walls, cabinets and flooring after adding on to our kitchen.  Our front door is 3/4 glass with 2 full length glass sidelites.  The exterior of the front door is red. The ceiling is vaulted above the front door.  The kitchen is painted beeswax (golden yellow), the cabinets are oak with Fawn stain (medium color), the flooring is vinyl in different shades of browns, tans & grey. The countertop is shades of brown. The woodwork and closet door are oak.  I do not know what color to paint the interior side of the front door.  Can I paint it white to match my white appliances (stove, fridge, dishwasher, microwave-all new) or should I try to antique it to look like oak.  Please give me some suggestions.

Thanks for your question.

I'd opt to paint the inside of the door white, which I would bet your other moldings (casements around windows, baseboards etc.) are painted.  White is the natural choice.

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
From Day One

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology