Decorating & Furniture/Media Room

Question
We are finishing the basement.  Have completed the bath with grey walls, grey & white marble countertop, silver veined travertine tile floor.  The media room is 16.5 X 16.5 also I would love to put the grey on the walls there and I have purchased a modern creamy white leather sectional.  One large wall will have a cinema screen on it and a short wall next to the bath door that will house a beverage/wine bar (this will have grey & white marble countertop).  I have a textured beige carpet going down to this basement room should I continue this?  How do I accessorize this room?  Looking for a modern feel.  I also have canvas "Casablanca" poster I would like to hang.  I also have a large square cherry coffee table I would like to use if possible.  There are no windows and I need help to decorate and to make sure I'm going in the right direction for my modern feel for my cinema/media room.  Thank you for your help.

Answer
Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your question.  Continuing the grey walls is a fine idea if you particularly like the color.  What I would suggest for the large wall with the cinema screen is a dark burgandy or cranberry red.  This will make the space 'pop' and you need a pop of color here.  The carpet is fine, as is the poster.  If you use the large cherry coffee table, top it with a piece of glass the same or slightly larger size that the top.  This will automatically update the piece.  

Make sure you have ambient lighting (for mood) and some task lighting near the couch.  Great ambient lighting are the paper shade floor lamps (they use small night light bulbs) and they are modern.  These will offer just the right amount of light for tv/movie viewing.  They'll also pull in the color from your leather sectional.  

Accessorize with the burgandy/cranberry red color, chrome or silver and glass for a modern, updated look.

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
From Day One
www.amazon.com  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik