Decorating & Furniture/Small Living room layout

Question
Hall Drawing
Hall Drawing  
Hi!
I have a very small living room, just about 8ft x 14ft. The biggest hurdle is setting up a sitting area with an entertainment unit in front. I am attaching the sketch of what the room layout is.
Due to the passage to the bedroom+kitchen i am unable to center the sofa sitting and place my LCD right in front of it.

Do help with your brilliant ideas on how i could set this space for a cozy sitting with an entertainment unit.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers!
Ami

Answer
Hi Ami,

Thanks for the question and I most appreciate your drawing of the room.  It helps me immensely!  Here are my suggestions.  I would "center" the sofa on the 14 foot wall (centering the sofa on the roughly 11 feet left allowing for the door), then angle a chair or two in front of the sliders.  I would position the entertainment unit on an angle in the corner where the entrance to the kitchen is.  By angling the unit, you will be able to see the LCD from both chairs and sofa, and still maintain access to the sliding glass doors and passageway.

Hope this helps!

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
From Day One
www.amazon.com

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik