Decorating & Furniture/wall color vs carpet

Question
Installed LIGHT/white carpet which was a BIG MISTAKE.  Each time I have had the carpet cleaned it looks dirtier than BEFORE I had it cleaned.  I went with the light/neutral carpet color to compliment the wall COLORS (wanted to get away from white walls). Failed on both fronts.  Specifically decided on THREE different hues for the dining room (peach), living room (lt green) and family room (orange). The dining area is actually a piano room (11ft x 12ft). The living room furniture is black with black table accents (12ft x 18ft).  The family room furniture is off white with brown wood table accents (16ft x 19ft). Any suggestions for a darker neutral color that would work with all three areas? Preferably a neutral color that will accent/blend and NOT clash with the wall color in each room? I do not have wood floors.

thank you

Answer
Maurcia -

Here's a soft taupe that will work with your existing color scheme; Toasty Grey by Glidden.  It is a blend of grey and brown and has a way of blending in to virtually any space.  Best of luck with your painting!

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
From Day One
www.amazon.com

PS:  This color may visually "brighten" the carpet color.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik