Decorating & Furniture/Entranceway

I have only a very a small space in the front entrance of my house to put shoes/boots.  The space I can allot to shoe storage is 28" wide and 12" deep and floor to ceiling height is 8'.  What suggestions would you have to decorate the space or what type of furniture piece should I put there to store shoes and make the entranceway presentable for when people walk in the door.  I don't want a huge, bulky piece of traditional type entranceway furniture because the rest of my home is very much minimalist contemporary decor and I want to keep that same flow, but I have no luck finding a chest of drawers or anything to put in that space.  I'd prefer not to have an open shelf as I'd prefer to keep the shoes out of sight.  

I would suggest you to build a custom cabinet there with sliding doors/ to save space/ and to paint it in the wall color, so it would be an unnoticeable :),which will create the contemporary look...

Have fun! :)

Vancha Baylova

Decorating & Furniture

Vancha Baylova

Space planing, relationship between patterns, forms and colors in the interior space. Interior space, architectural style and furniture compatibility.

Sixteen years of experience in the interior design field.

Tyionfordesign International

Interior decorating diploma.

Bar restaurant "Avangard" - Chicago,IL; Piano bar " Face to Face" - Sofia, BG, Priavte estates, show homes