Decorating & Furniture/arranging two sofas

My living room has a fireplace on one end of the room and a TV on the other.  I have a dark brown sofa and a cream sofa. I want to use both in the same room.  How can I arrange both to see the TV? Thanks, Gigi

Thanks for your question.

Since you want the tv to be the focal point, but you also have a fireplace on the opposite end of the room, I would arrange the sofas facing one another.  If space does not permit, create an "L" shape with the two sofas and join them at the angle with a table.

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology