Decorating & Furniture/Colour schemes and furniture

Question
QUESTION: Hi, I'm looking to decorate my living room and dining room.  I want a modern look and have no idea on colours or furniture colours.

I have cherry wood floors in both room which I can't change.
In the living room I can't change the black leAther sofas and black plasma tv.
In the dining room I can't change the oak dinning table and dark brown leather chairs.

Please can you suggest a colour scheme which will give it a modern look.  
Also can you suggest colour of coffe table, tv cabinet, blinds, art, frames, lighting

Thank you

ANSWER: All right,

do paint the living room's walls in a very soft grey color and have the very same curtains and a fibre rug.
Paint the dining room walls in a cappuccino color and again, use the very same shade for the curtains. If both rooms have an open plan, make sure that the curtains in the living room have a big trim with the dining room curtain material and vice verse ;)
If the rooms have open plan use the rug as in the living room, but if they are separate, use a bamboo rug in the dining room.
Decoration - big mirrors, wooden framed propped up against the wall...
Lighting - John Lewis contemporary stainless steel ceiling chandeliers.

Have fun:)!

Sincerely,
Vancha BAylova
www.tyionfordesign.com

QUESTION: Thanks for the advice,
Just one more question:
Will light oak coffee table and tv stand go with the cherry wooden floor?
If not can you please suggest what will.  

Thanks

Answer
It would be better to change them with either glass table or a black lacquer as it would match well with the black leather sofa and the cherry floor. If you could not afford the change, you might sand the table and the tv stand and then varnish them in a cherry shade...

Decorating & Furniture

Vancha Baylova