Decorating & Furniture/decorating dilema

Question
Hi Jennifer, my question is: My Mom's bedroom has a 12 foot built in bench that covers an air duct.It is 12 ft. long with 3 ft. of wall on either end and two feet below a window. It' too low for a window seat and I don't know what to do with it. She has priscila  curtains just fit for the window that is 6 ft. wide.

Answer
Hi Roberta,

Thanks for writing me at All Experts.  

You may want to hire a carpenter to build up the bench with a simple plywood box making it the right height for a window seat.  Otherwise, consider using a 5-6 inch upholstery foam (available from your local sewing center such as JoAnn's Fabrics, JoAnn ETC) to build up the bench.  

I'd then redo the window treatments to update the look.  Consider a nice Roman Shade or simple blinds with a curtaom valance.

Hope this helps you!
Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"
www.amazon.com

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik