Decorating & Furniture/Living Room

Question
Hi I want to decorate my living room around my sofa as it is new and I have just moved house. I have a dark green leather sofa with 2 1 seaters. The living room is currently magnolia but I want to make it more homely. I have picked chocolate brown curtains for my 2 windows as well. I am toying with the idea of painting one of my walls around the fireplace a pale green and leaving the rest of the room as it is btu I am really unsure. Also I am unsure of what colours would look good for canvas' etc....
Any tips would be appreciated.

Answer
Good Morning!

Thanks for writing and for your question about wall color.  Using a soft shade of green for all your walls is probably the best idea.  The two tones of green will make the room feel more coordinated.  

If you want to incorporate the chocolate brown on the windows, consider using that color in another part of the room as well.  You could add a floor rug that has brown, white, green etc. and to take it one step further you may want to add one MORE color to the mix - your favorite shade of red.  That can be anything from pale pink to cranberry, but the addition of a red component will make the room more cozy.

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
From Day One
www.amazon.com

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik