Decorating & Furniture/wall color

our dining room set is cream colored and our carpets are a light brown mix. whats a good wall color for paint. living room is a mint green

Hi Marty,

Thank you for contacting me at AllExperts with your question.

Wall color is the number one question I get.  While I think it's a personal preference, I have to recommend my number one answer for a neutral color:  Glidden's Toasty Grey, available from Glidden OR Home Depot.  

Having recently moved, I painted 4 rooms in this beautiful shade of taupe, and am so pleased with the results.  

Pairing it with a rich white on the baseboards and trims makes the room pop!

Try it and let me know what you think.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology