Decorating & Furniture/blinds delimina

getting ready to purchase wood blinds for my house, however, am in a quandary about what color/stain to use in my living room which is knotty pine paneling from the late 50' it has a yellowish-orange...i have brought home several samples to try to figure out this white is one choice as that is what if currently have (the 1" inexpensive ones) and I want 2" real  wood..all other rooms will be floors are laminate (wood colors - 2 light/dark)  i held up a dark stain and it looked not too good (trying to pull from the vendor from Bali mentioned unstained with some small knotty pine .  i am trying to get a vision of this so please help...colors of furniture burgundy, green, blue...and chocolate brown recliner....

Thanks for writing me with your question.  

Keep your blinds the same throughout your home regardless of the decor colors.  If you are using off-white in other rooms, use off-white in the living room.

Blinds are like wood trim in that it should all be the same; door casings, window casings, and moldings.  

Enjoy your new wood blinds!

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology