Decorating & Furniture/blinds delimina

Question
getting ready to purchase wood blinds for my house, however, am in a quandary about what color/stain to use in my living room which is knotty pine paneling from the late 50's...so it has a yellowish-orange...i have brought home several samples to try to figure out this confusion...off white is one choice as that is what if currently have (the 1" inexpensive ones) and I want 2" real  wood..all other rooms will be off-white..my floors are laminate (wood colors - 2 light/dark)  i held up a dark stain and it looked not too good (trying to pull from the knots..one vendor from Bali mentioned unstained with some small knotty pine .  i am trying to get a vision of this so please help...colors of furniture burgundy, green, blue...and chocolate brown recliner....

Answer
Thanks for writing me with your question.  

Keep your blinds the same throughout your home regardless of the decor colors.  If you are using off-white in other rooms, use off-white in the living room.

Blinds are like wood trim in that it should all be the same; door casings, window casings, and moldings.  

Enjoy your new wood blinds!
Jennifer

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"
www.amazon.com

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik