Decorating & Furniture/decorating furniture

Question
I recently moved into a house that had some furniture, for which I am grateful as I don't have much and I don't want the place to look empty. The inherited "loveseat" is stained and I was going to cover it with a piece of fabric. Is there a better and just as inexpensive alternative - and is there a good advice in covering a piece furniture with fabric to give it some flair?

Answer
Hi Mark,

Thanks for writing me with your question.

The easiest and most economical thing to do is to purchase a love seat slipcover from "SureFit".  They have a website and also have catalogs.  A limited number of their color selection and fabric selection is available at Target and Bed Bath & Beyond.

What I have found is that unless you're really great at measuring and sewing, most do it yourselfers are better off going the route of ready made.

Sure Fit has a wide selection and they're super easy to put on.  If you purchase something in a more "fitted" style (a la elastic) the movement of the fabric is greatly reduced.  They're also machine washable, dryable and come in solids (which I would recommend) and patterns.

Jennifer

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"
www.amazon.com

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik