Decorating & Furniture/Offset Window Wall

Offset Window
Offset Window  
Help, I need your expert advise.  My living room is a rectangle measuring 13' by 25'.  On one of the 25' walls is a 3'high by 6' wide window that isn't centered.    How do I handle that large portion of bare wall?  Thank you in advance.

Hi George,

Thanks for writing me.  I think you have a couple of options.  One, and the most dramatic, is to hang draperies (as close to the ceiling and to the floor) on the "outside" of the window making it appear a much larger, even centered window.  Allowing the fabric to cover a portion of the window will trick the eye into thinking it is much larger than it actually is.  

The other option is to hang drapery - again floor to ceiling - on each side of the window to "frame it" if you will, and then add a beautiful piece of artwork on the wall.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology