Decorating & Furniture/Offset Window Wall

Question
Offset Window
Offset Window  
Help, I need your expert advise.  My living room is a rectangle measuring 13' by 25'.  On one of the 25' walls is a 3'high by 6' wide window that isn't centered.    How do I handle that large portion of bare wall?  Thank you in advance.

Answer
Hi George,

Thanks for writing me.  I think you have a couple of options.  One, and the most dramatic, is to hang draperies (as close to the ceiling and to the floor) on the "outside" of the window making it appear a much larger, even centered window.  Allowing the fabric to cover a portion of the window will trick the eye into thinking it is much larger than it actually is.  

The other option is to hang drapery - again floor to ceiling - on each side of the window to "frame it" if you will, and then add a beautiful piece of artwork on the wall.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Jennifer

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"
www.amazon.com

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik