Decorating & Furniture/decorating living room

Cindy Crawford Key West Living Room
Cindy Crawford Key Wes  
Hi, I'm trying to find a painting/art that I can hang in the living room that will go with our living room set.  The set is the Cindy Crawford Key West.  It's the sofa, love seat, end tabls, coffee table, entertainment center, and a rug that is maroon/semi dark gold.  the pillows that came with the couches are also a maroon/gold or mustard color so the rug compliments that.  But I need paintings to hang on two walls.  I'm not sure how to pick one, what colors, or where to start!  The attached image is just the stock photo.  But our walls are a light taupe color.

Thanks for writing me with your question.  

Since the palette of your furniture and walls are neutral (and that's a good thing# I'd opt for a bold and colorful piece #or two) of art for the walls.  

Incorporating the colors within the room is a good idea as well.  Look for pieces that have those tones plus more vibrant color to set the room off.  If there's a style of art that you prefer, look there first.  Here's a site that will give you lots to choose from:  There's a wide selection of artwork, plus the photographs are as true to color as they can be online.

Also, if you have a "Z Gallerie" in a mall near you, check that out.  They have beautiful artwork as well as accessories.

Hope this gives you the direction you were looking for.

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
From Day One

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology