Decorating & Furniture/furniture colors in large open family room

Question
I have a large open floor plan.  My large family room will accomodate 2 sofa sets.  I am purchasing a chocolate leather love seat and sofa for one side of the family room and I have a  celery colored sofa and chair on the other side of the family room which has a red print accent chair
matching red floral toss pillows.  I would like to incorporate a white painted coffee table with the celery set and possibly some black painted accent pieces or large t.v. entertainment center in black. My dining room and kitchen are also wide open to the large family room.  I have a Paula Dean white linen distressed dining room table & chairs in the dining room  and the walls are red.
My kitchen has off white cabinetry and a charcoal Island.  I have hardwood floors throughout.  Could you please tell me if I can use both black painted and white painted coffee tables and accent tables in the family room. Any suggestions you could offer would be much appreciated.  Thank you!

Answer
Hi Donna,

Thanks for your question and for writing me here at AllExperts.

You can definitely use both white and black painted tables in your open family room.  You may want to experiment with adding the black to the celery side of the space and the white with the chocolate, but either will be fine.

The fact that you have incorporated red into your design is a smart thing.  It pulls the red from the dining room into the family room space and gives a cohesive balance to the spaces.  Adding the black will "pull" the charcoal from the island in the kitchen as well, adding to the continuity.  I'd suggest adding a splash of red in the kitchen as well as the celery.

Sounds lovely!  Best wishes on your decorating endeavors.

Jennifer

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"
www.amazon.com  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik