Decorating & Furniture/Maintaining woodwork

Question
My home is furnished in a traditional style.  How do I keep the woodwork in the best condition?
1.  Windowsills painted with white gloss paint?
2.  Traditional unpainted, gloss-finish mahogany furniture?

Answer
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your question.  Painted trim should always be done in a gloss finish for easy care.  You can dust it regularly and can use a mild detergent mixed with water to get rid of any spots of dirt that may appear.  The high gloss paint withstands this well.  As for your unpainted gloss finish furniture, I would use nothing other than Murphy's Oil Soap for cleaning this wood.  Follow the directions on the bottle and your finishes will last a long time.  Murphy's Oil Soap has been around forever and there's a reason for that!!  It works great on cabinetry as well.

Jennifer

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"
www.amazon.com

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik