Decorating & Furniture/Tables & Carpet?

Question
Hi - I have a contemporary microsuede, mocha-colored sofa and just moved into a place with a very nice mocha carpet (wall-to-wall), so the sofa matches the carpet pretty closely.  I am planning to buy a new big-screen TV, coffee table and end tables.  The walls are neutral and eggshell colored shutters.  What do you suggest I do to liven up the room a bit?  I was thinking about an area rug but don't know what color may be best so would love some suggestions.  Also, any other suggestions on style or color of tables are welcome. I'm not very good at this type of thing!  Thank you. way of color or style

Answer
Dorothy,

Thanks for writing me with your question!

You truly have the entire color spectrum to select from here since everything in the space is neutral.  An area rug would be great to combine a couple (or three) other colors into the mix.  

With mocha, some great color combinations are:  teal/turquoise and yellow; cranberry red and lime green; canary yellow and white; the list goes on.  

One of the important elements here would be to incorporate your wall color in your accessories (if you are renting and cannot paint).  

Tables can be any wood tone or if you prefer a more contemporary look, opt for chrome and glass.  

If you can have your big screen TV mounted on the wall, that will save valuable floor space and be best for viewing.

Adding vibrant color to the space can be done with toss pillows, throws, art, accessories etc.

Good luck and happy shopping.

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
From Day One
www.amazon.com  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik