Decorating & Furniture/bonded leather black couch

This couch is barely two years old but already the fabric is crackling and coming up on the seats.
Is it possible to buy bonded leather buy the foot and glue it over the seats?
Failing that, is there some type of epoxy or covering I could apply?

Hi Bud,

Thanks for choosing me to answer your question.

Unfortunately, I don't have great news for you.  The fact that the leather is bonded is the problem.  While you save money initially on the purchase, bonded leather does not last like real leather.  Most people don't even know that leather finishes differ.  

I would not opt for trying to recover the sofa yourself unless you opt for a slipcover like those from  (Some SureFit covers are available at Target, some at Bed, Bath & Beyond, but the largest selection is available online or through their catalog.)

If the bonded material is "coming up", I would add a cotton batting to the seats before covering it with a slipcover.

Hope this helps you.  Wish I had better news.

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology