Decorating & Furniture/Decorating new bathroom

Dear Ms.Wojcik,
We recently completed a small basement bathroom;the area is divided into 2 spaces.The first space holds the vanity and toilet while the other has the full shower and linen tower.The vanity,mirror and linen tower are a creamy shade.(with dark tincture)We have chosen bronze hardware.The floor tiles (shades of charcoal,cream ,taupe)look perfect with the cabinetry.I chose a wall color;(Lava Gray)I was looking for a bathroom with gray walls but now that the painting is complete the walls appear more blue.Is there a way(without painting again)to make the Lava Gray bathroom really appear gray?I would really appreciate your expertise in helping me out in this situation. I love many types of decorating from very formal to the shabby chic so I guess I would fall into the eclectic style.I'm a lover of beach shades,watercolors etc.I also love the use of black focal points and color punches.So again I guess I'm eclectic !!!!!
Bathroom measurements:
First area with vanity/toilet:21x47
Mirror over vanity:22x28
Second area with linen tower and shower:64x65
Thank you Ms.Wojcik in advance.

Hi Louise,

Thanks for selecting me to respond to your question.  

Unfortunately, there is little you can do to change the paint color other than to paint, but before doing that, you may want to try using some black or gray accents in the space.  Before investing in a lot of things, try a set of towels (or just purchase one and try it before taking the tags off).  If the gray still pulls toward the blue, there won't be much you could do other than paint again.  

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology