Decorating & Furniture/Living Room

Question
Hi:

My husband and I recently bought a brown leather living room set, we have a brown entertainment center as well. We have a coffee table and two end tables.  I want to add vibrant colors that will match nicely with it.  I love blues, and different shades of yellow and oranges.  Thanks so much for your help.

Sincerely,
Sandra

Answer
Hi Sandra,

Thanks for choosing me from the All Experts panel.

Your question is great since chocolate brown is such a hot color.  The colors that you love (blues, yellows, oranges) all coordinate very well with chocolate brown.  One "blue" that I might suggest you try is a teal or turquoise shade of blue.  It's an up and coming color combination and I think you will find that if you use that as your main accent color, you can successfully add in some touches of orange and/or yellow.  

These are fresh colors that will work well into the summer and fall.  In fall and winter, add some deeper tones of orange and fall shades of yellow and you'll be stylish throughout the year.  

Jennifer

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"
Available at www.amazon.com/books

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik