Decorating & Furniture/Living Room

My husband and I recently bought a brown leather living room set, we have a brown entertainment center as well. We have a coffee table and two end tables.  I want to add vibrant colors that will match nicely with it.  I love blues, and different shades of yellow and oranges.  Thanks so much for your help.

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for choosing me from the All Experts panel.

Your question is great since chocolate brown is such a hot color.  The colors that you love (blues, yellows, oranges) all coordinate very well with chocolate brown.  One "blue" that I might suggest you try is a teal or turquoise shade of blue.  It's an up and coming color combination and I think you will find that if you use that as your main accent color, you can successfully add in some touches of orange and/or yellow.  

These are fresh colors that will work well into the summer and fall.  In fall and winter, add some deeper tones of orange and fall shades of yellow and you'll be stylish throughout the year.  

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
"From Day One"
Available at

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology