Decorating & Furniture/wall colour

Rachel Waldron wrote at 2013-05-08 17:46:53
Another thing that I would consider in selecting the colors for your walls, is the strength of the color. I am a fan of complementing greys with bold colors, but you want to be careful that you are not creating a dark space or making a small space seem even smaller by painting every wall a bold green.

So, when you look to bring any bold color into a space, I suggest using it in the form of accents (an accent wall, throw pillows, etc.). Neutral greens can be used more liberally.

The size of the space and amount of natural light it receives is a crucial consideration as well when bringing color into the picture.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology