Decorating & Furniture/wall colour

Question
hello, i have just ordered a new large corner sofa and msatching chair in a silver grey fabric with a little pattern/fleck in it and was wondering if i can paint t walls a sort of green colour, what do you think. thank you janice

Answer
Hi Janice,

Thanks for writing me with your question.  

Since the fabric is silver grey, the quick answer is "yes, you can use green" for the walls, but be careful in selecting the shade of green.  Sometimes greens tend to go a little toward yellow, sometimes toward grey tones.  The "greyer" tone of green would be best in your situation.  

When you select the color, test it on a small area of the wall that is near the sofa.  Live with that for a day or more to get a feel for the shade.  Look at it in natural as well as artificial light and see what you think.  It's the best way I know to select a shade.

Jennifer

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik