Decorating & Furniture/color for entry and hallway

Question
My living room is pumpkin butter and my entry going up to the stairs or long narrow hallway I bought copper.  So the pumpkin looks dark I am afraid the entry and hallway will be darker.  I like warm colors but don't want the place to look dark and depressing.  Is copper okay or should I change to blue or green for the entry and hallway and what sort of blue or green.  My kitchen is light and living room is dark with the pumpkin butter, so is entry and hallway going to be darker?

Thank you

Answer
Good Morning Van,

Thanks for your question.

Since you tend to prefer warm colors, I would question using either blue or green, which are both cool tones.  Instead, consider using a sunny yellow for the entry and hallway.  If nothing else, pair a shade of yellow "with" the copper, using the copper on the bottom half of the wall and the yellow above it with simple painted molding trim in between.  Or, paint the entry in a wide stripe of the copper and yellow for a more contemporary look.  This involves some measuring and taping, but can be accomplished with some time and effort.  

A pale yellow, paired with copper would compliment both rooms!

Hope this gives you an answer, or at least something to think about.  

Jennifer  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik