Decorating & Furniture/decorating

Question
Hello.  when you enter my home you walk into a small mud room that leads to a very large  front to back family room.  The front of the family room it is very much an extension of the mudroom with a large triple window.  I would like to put some piece of furniture in front of window but am not sure if what I am thinking of would work.  I thought two arm chairs with a table in-between them  My tv and sectional are towards the other end of the room    Thank you

Answer
Hi Johanne,

Thanks for writing me here at AllExperts.  

If you want to create a sitting area in front of the window, two chairs and a table are an excellent idea.  If you do that, angle the chairs rather than lining them up with the window wall.  It will add some warmth to the vista.

The other consideration would be to add a floor lamp so that you could utilize that space as a reading area.  That and a cozy throw over one of the chairs would be lovely.

Jennifer

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik