Decorating & Furniture/dining area table height

Question
I have older home with a small eat in area of the kitchen.
Most furniture is oak but I now want a new casual dining table.
All rooms d/s are neutral but I do have Tuscan look in the formal
dining room with some green.  No carpet d/s only tile.
When we move I plan on incorporating the Tuscan decor in most of the downstairs.  So standard or counter ht. for the new purchase?
The kitchen does have a island.

Answer
Hi Reckie,

Thanks for writing me with your question.

Considering your preferences and existing furniture, my recommendation is for standard height for the casual dining table.  Since your current kitchen has an island, chances are good that the next/newer one will as well.  They're pretty standard in kitchens now.  

I could be wrong, but I think the wave of bar height tables/pub tables will not last much longer.  They're great for game rooms, basements etc., but for casual dining in an "eating area", it wouldn't be a suggestion I'd make to you.

Thanks again.
Have a blessed day!
Jennifer

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik