Decorating & Furniture/Wall covering

Hi Jennifer
We are leasing a house where at the entryway there is a huge wall with brick style pieces of 3x5 balsa wood nailed to it for design -from ceiling to floor.  Must be from the 70's because I've got to somehow cover that s**t up with something that will not harm the wall.
I was thinking about stapling a huge piece of decorative fabric. But that doesn't seem ideal for so many reasons.  Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you!! I appreciate any ideas.

Hi Jeanine,

Thanks for writing to me with your question.  

The simplest, easiest and most economical way to cover the wall is with fabric.  Rather than stapling, I would suggest that you add "rods" across the top and bottom and attach the fabric by stretching it between the two.  

By stretching the fabric, it will be taunt and not so obviously "covering" up someone else's taste.

Hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology