Decorating & Furniture/Concerete Pillar decorating?

Concerete pillar
Concerete pillar  
I have this concrete pillar in my office,

I want to decorate it somehow but I don't know what would look good or cool on it, I was thinking like a bunch of posters all around it.

for background in what I like, I'm a programmer and into video games.

Hi Derek,

Thanks for writing me with your question.

One suggestion for the pillar is to "encase" it in wallpaper that depicts computer communication, symbols, or "code".  Another is to decoupage posters to the pillar.  In either of these cases, you'll need to know that hanging wallpaper or decoupage is a skill and either get help to do it or hire it done.  

The other option is to creatively paint the pillar to create the same effect as wallpaper.

A simpler approach would be to tape off a few areas of the pillar (in random spacing) and paint inside the space with a feature color such as red or orange. The easiest suggestion I can give you is to paint the entire pillar in a vibrant color to make it "pop".

Hope this spurs your creativity.  

Happy Decorating!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology