Decorating & Furniture/60's style bedroom suite

Question
I have inherited a modern bedroom suite that has a low profile shelf headboard, and a dressing table with a long mirror running almost it's lenghth, and three drawers on attached on either side. The suite dates from the 60's. What style of window treatments would compliment this furniture? My mother had refinished the original cream color to a muted antiqued aqua and gold.My bedroom will be a soft vanilla gold color. Would you recommend stripping the furniture to the original oak, or painting it some other color?

Answer
Leanne,

Thanks for writing and for your questions.  The decision about stripping the furniture or painting it another color is entirely up to you.  If you're looking at value, the original is best, but since it's obviously been painted, you can either keep it as is or paint it without disturbing the integrity of the pieces.  

Window treatments a la '60's would be sheers and drapes.  That's not a bad idea for a bedroom, particularly if privacy or light control is an issue.  Rather than stopping the fabric at the window's edge, take it to the floor.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik