Decorating & Furniture/Accent Colors

I have wine or deep plum leather couches and mahogany tables. I also have a maroon rug, and all my picture frames match my tables. The only other color in my living room are three beige lamp shades. What accent colors would look good with my furniture?

Thanks for the question! A wonderful accent would be the color opposite  - a pale green - pale sage, celery or celedon.  If green doesn't thrill you, consider an icy (again pale shade) of blue.  It's a very smart look, and works well with other colors like pale golden yellow.  

Always a winner is khaki with plum, but it doesn't give a punch of color like the green or the blue would do.  You could always consider using khaki AND either green or blue.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology