Decorating & Furniture/Accent wall--which wall?

Question
My husband and I have a new house with a mauve w/ ugly border master bedroom. (It'll require alot of primer!) I've bought a new duvet striped w/ red, chocolate, tan, orange varying thickness stripes. We'd like to paint 3 walls and the adjecent master bath the tan color and one wall chocolate. There are 2 windows in the right corner of the room.  When you enter the door in the diagonal opposite corner, the right wall has a "pocket" ledge above you and the door to the bathroom at the end. (Our bath has a black marble w/ grey/tan swirl-like pattern and sand color tile)  The room is otherwise empty for now.  I'd like to accent the red w/ window treatments and a red chair as well. The room is good sized with high slanted ceiling.

I cant figure out which wall to make chocolate! The one entering the bathroom, the one you see when you first enter with window, or the opposite w/ no windows and not seen from outside the room? If I paint the one window wall dark, will it look odd to have the adjacent window wall light once I hang window treatment?

I'm new at this and am tired of not using my master bedroom because I cant make up my mind!  

Answer
For all intents and purposes, you should accent the wall you want to see first when you enter the room.  I'd suggest that you consider making the accent wall the one you are facing when you enter the room.  And no, it will not be odd to have the adjacent window wall done in a different color.  If this still concerns you, paint two accent walls instead of one.  Remember, it's only paint.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik