Decorating & Furniture/Accent wallS?

Question
We are creating a "sport themed" room for our oldest son. His comforter on his bed is a collage of sports mostly using various blues, greens, and red (more burgandy than red).I have found a great shade of blue that I would like to use on the wall that has his one window. I plan to use a white curtain rod with balls on each end that I have painted to look like baseballs. The curtain is the same red in the comforter. I just think the red, white and blue will really "pop." It's the wall facing you when you are standing in his doorway looking in. However, the windown is HUGE and takes up most of the wall. My concern is that if I use only this wall for the blue, the effect might be muted. But if we do every wall blue, it will be too dark. The room is also fairly small. All trim, window ledge, closet door, and walls are currently white, so I have a blank canvas. What do you think about doing two walls with the blue (both visible from the doorway) and two walls white (behind the door and closet and the wall that you don't see until you step in.) Would it work if I tied everything together with some great accessories on the walls?

Answer
Since the window is large, and that wall is the first thing you see when you enter the room, it's probably best to do the adjoining wall in the blue as well.  "Spread" the blue onto the other walls with accessories, or even framed prints with frames painted in the blue.

It sounds beautiful........I hope your son will be very happy in his colorful room.  (I love the accents on the curtain rod too -- very clever.)

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik