Decorating & Furniture/Area Rugs

Question
We have a small house with an open floor plan.  The front door opens to undefined hallway leading to archway to back of house into family room and kitchen.  I believe I should have the same area rug in the living room and dining room since there are no defining separations between the two as they are basically in the same room only across from each other. Do you agree?

Answer
I don't think you necessarily need to have the same exact rug in the rooms but I would try to have them be similar in color. Either one rug be one solid color and the other rug in a different solid color or they can both have multiple colors but in a different print.

Rachel Mallon
http://www.roominabook.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID