Decorating & Furniture/Art Hanging System


I have dedicated one wall in my living room to hanging artwork - mostly paintings, but a few textlies, and carvings. The styles are mainly contemporary & ethnic. Since I have too many to hang at once, I tend to rotate the pieces at least once a year. As you can imagine, this leaves a lot of holes in the wall as things are rearranged. I need some sort of hanging system, a track near the ceing that I can hang things at various heights. With something like this, would I be able to hand one picture vertically under another? What would you recommend? The systems I've found on the net tend to be very, very expensive.

Dear Jo-Ann,
   How about trying these?

You can buy filler for your wall holes at hardware stores and then repaint your wall the existing color to get a fresh start.

Good Luck

Decorating & Furniture

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID


I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book


Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]