Decorating & Furniture/BATHROOM VANITY HARDWARE

Question
Hello ... in a project to refresh my bathroom I've failed to "plan ahead" and now don't know what to do about cabinet hardware.  I've select (and installed) a MOEN faucet (another adviser told me that was a mistake) ... but now I find their faucet finish doesn't match finishes of Cabinet Hardware (that I can find).  It's called Brushed Nickel; however, it has a golden/bronze sort of shade.  Very nice with the Swanstone top of Cornflower (light tan).  The cabinet is white.  My walls are a light cream color (Venetian Linen).  The bathroom is very small but for my accent color I've been using LIME ... which I love ... with little touches of Emerald green.  I think this gives a fresh crisp look.  I first thought an alternative to the metal hardware would be knobs and handle painted the EMERALD green ... but now I'm unsure.  Would it be better to select a color that matches the "stone look - tan" countertop?    Mary

Answer
Hi Mary,

Your knobs/pulls can be any color you choose, and you may even want to consider the lime or emerald shade of green.  These fixtures are not permanent, and although some are fairly expensive, they can be changed as often as you choose.  

My local Home Depot as well as Target carry brushed nickle decorative hardware, so you may want to check again before you decide for sure.  

Also, look in your local yellow pages, or online for a decorative hardware supply.  These are much more popular than they once were and they carry virtually every reputable "line" of hardware. Believe me, there's everything out there from glass to stone to metal.  

I don't agreen that a Moen faucet is a mistake either.  It's a well-known, highly respected brand that will last a lifetime.  That's just one(other)person's opinion.

Jenny

PS:  I probably would not try to match the countertop unless what you want the "jewelry" of your cabinets to just sort of blend in and disappear.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik