Decorating & Furniture/BEDROOM COLORS

Question
I'm redecorating my bedroom - paint, carpet, walls & window treatment - I've ordered new furniture - a pale grey high gloss formica - very modern - I'm a purple person and my bedding is going to be in the purple tones (Veratex bedding-Nocturne) - wanted to know if I should go with grey or purple for my carpet and what color should I paint the walls - grey carpet/grey walls or purple/purple?  I need room darkening shades and want to add fabric to my windows - although i'm contemporary, i'm trying to make the bedroom romantic at the same time.  I've been living with lavendar walls and thought maybe I could paint the wall behine my bed a darker shade than the rest of the bedroom, which is a nice size.  I also have a sitting area and wanted ideas - maybe a sitting area or a sexy chaise?  Thanks for your help!

Answer
Don't get too "matchy".  Darken the walls of your room so that your furniture "pops".  For carpeting, stick with something neutral - grey berber perhaps.  A chaise is the perfect piece of furniture to add to a sitting area, and it also screams sexy!

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik