Decorating & Furniture/BEDROOM COLORS

I'm redecorating my bedroom - paint, carpet, walls & window treatment - I've ordered new furniture - a pale grey high gloss formica - very modern - I'm a purple person and my bedding is going to be in the purple tones (Veratex bedding-Nocturne) - wanted to know if I should go with grey or purple for my carpet and what color should I paint the walls - grey carpet/grey walls or purple/purple?  I need room darkening shades and want to add fabric to my windows - although i'm contemporary, i'm trying to make the bedroom romantic at the same time.  I've been living with lavendar walls and thought maybe I could paint the wall behine my bed a darker shade than the rest of the bedroom, which is a nice size.  I also have a sitting area and wanted ideas - maybe a sitting area or a sexy chaise?  Thanks for your help!

Don't get too "matchy".  Darken the walls of your room so that your furniture "pops".  For carpeting, stick with something neutral - grey berber perhaps.  A chaise is the perfect piece of furniture to add to a sitting area, and it also screams sexy!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology