Decorating & Furniture/Baby Grand piano

Question
hi! Im a pianist and I going to buy a  white baby grand piano. I like very modern furniture, but I dont know what type of furniture and colors can match whith a baby grand. I moving to a new house that the living room is 30' x 10' when you enter is you see the windows in the botom of the room (30'), where I can place the piano? at the end of the livin room (in front of a windows)or where?
Please help me whith somes tips of colors, furniture, etc...or tell me where I can get more information... Thank you very much!!!!
PD. Sorry, my first language is Spanish, I tried to write in the better that I can.....  

Answer
Please go to link below to see your living room design.
http://rmdecor.tripod.com/carmen.htm

Dear Carmen Noemi,
    Congratulations on your future purchase. I also love modern furniture and I think it can look great with a piano. I would incorporate a traditional modern style to give the look of elegance with simplicity. A piano is a large piece and is very elegant so you want it to fit in the space right. I would choose furniture in metal and furniture in soft neutral woods.
Since you have such a narrow space I think it would feel more open if you kept the long walls white and then paint the window wall a color.  Keep it simple with white drapes and metal lamps. What do you already have in your space? Pull colors from them and follow this advice and your spcae will look great. Hope this helps and please let me know if you want to see something different. Good Luck!

Rachel Mallon
RMdecor

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID