Decorating & Furniture/Base board Color

Question
Hi Jenny, How are ya? In our home our walls are painted an almond color.  My wife wanted to know besides the white paint we now have on our baseboards, what other color can we paint the baseboard trim to match with the almond colored walls we have.  Any suggestions?

Answer

I'm fine - hope you are as well.  Thanks for writing and for your question.  Most baseboards and trims in homes across the country are painted in white or almond and painted in a high gloss OR they are constructed of high grade lumber, sanded and stained.  

If you're looking for a change, I'd suggest painting the walls, not the baseboard trim.  If you want something other than the white that you currently have, you certainly could paint them almond.  

I can't tell you that painting the baseboards any other color is "wrong" - there is no right or wrong when it comes to your own home and your own personal taste, but what I find is that trims that are painted darker than walls tend to draw all the attention downward.  The eye always goes to color first and in this case, it would go to the baseboard and it will make your rooms appear to be smaller than they are.  

Jenny  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik