Decorating & Furniture/Basement Bath

Question
hi, in our basement we have 2 bedrooms and a small family room. The question concerns the bath. It is done in beige and white. Beige tub/shower, white cabinest, white tile floor and beige toilet, antique white painted walls. Small bath. Anyway, we just moved in and I bought a blue and white toile shower curtain since I have blue in one of the bedrooms with white carpet.
I was wondering what accents/towels I should use in this bath. The house has a lot of antiques, brass beds, and is on top of a steep hill in the forest. Exterior is gray stone making it have an English look. 3500sq ft.thanks!!

Answer
Hi Suzy,

Thanks for writing and for your question.  Congratulations on your new home.

Your basement bath even though small, could use a coat of pale blue paint to enliven the space.  Blue is a cool color and one that will not overpower the size of the room.  It will also act as a beautiful backdrop for your fixtures and your new toile shower curtain.  

If you indeed paint the walls in blue, then use either antique white/white, blue or yellow accents/towels.  If you leave the room in the antique white, use blue accessories to tie the room together.  You can mix in some pieces of pale yellow for interest.  A beautiful bud vase with a single yellow rose, a daisy or simple babies breath would be beautiful.

Best wishes on your new home.
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik