Decorating & Furniture/Basement decorating with concrete walls

Question
Hi Ben,
My basement is used as a family/tv room. So, as you can imagine, there's a big TV on one end and toys on the other end...separated with a brown sectional. Since it's in the basement, the walls are concrete. Without putting up drywall, is there something i can do to make the basement more warm and inviting? We have light- colored berber carpeting with specks of different color in the room. Thanks for your help.

Answer
Chris,

Thanks for writing. Go ahead and paint that concrete like you would anyother wall. You may want to prime the concrete first though, because it is going to suck up a lot of paint!

Try a wall with color on it to brighten up the space and keep your colors light sence it is a drak space to start. Color suggestions: Pale blues, creams and eggshell, chocolate brown accents, and pale yellows are a few that would brighten things up a bit.

Also, if there is a color in your carpet that you like, thry using that to tie everything together.

Good luck!

Ben

Decorating & Furniture

Benjamin Cottrell