Decorating & Furniture/Basement family room colors

Our basement has been recently tiled with a med tan ceramic.  We chose a med blue to bring out the tile.  This works.  It is on 3 walls.  We cannot decide what the other remaining wall color should be. The wall has horizontal planks which are currently painted white.  The room is rectangular in shape with one encased window at one end giving minimal light.  PLease help  

Hi Leanne,

I'd probably opt for another color in the ceramic tile, OR use the medium tan color of the tile in a high gloss paint.

PS:  Use large scale mirrors to reflect light from your window.  Strategically placed, mirrors can visually enlarge and lighten space.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology