Decorating & Furniture/Bathroom Fixtures

We are trying to update our master bath on a budget.  The big question:  Can you mix fixture finishes?  I would like to change our towel bars, lighting and sink fixtures to oil-rubbed bronze.  The walk-in shower and tub hardware are chrome and we don't want to spend that much at this time.  The alternative is using brushed nickel instead.  

Thanks for writing and for your question.  If you're the kind of person who must have everything "match" then you'll be unhappy with mixing the finishes.  If you don't mind mixing and matching, then you'll be fine with the oil rubbed finish along with the stainless/chrome.  

Bottom line - there are no rules about this.  It's up to your own good taste!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology