Decorating & Furniture/Bathroom Fixtures

I would like to update the faucets and vanity hardware in my master bath.  The walls have faintly textured wallpaper which is a medium tan color. The double vanity is a golden oak color with white cultured marble top, white tub with white tile and shower doors trimmed with gold colored metal. The shower faucets are chrome. What color would be the best choice for faucets and hardware?

Hi Donna,

Thanks for your question.  Go with chrome, and match the chrome that's there i.e, if what's already there is shiny chrome (as opposed to brushed) then use that.  I'd "ignore" the gold colored shower doors until I could replace them with chrome.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology