Decorating & Furniture/Bathroom Floor?

Question
Hi Jenny-

I'm redoing my bathroom and am having a hard time picking out floor options. I have an older cape, with lots of old world charm, and will be sticking with the feel and era of the home. The bathroom has the nice old cast iron tub, and lots of vintage fixtures that we are keeping. The bathroom since it's not that big, will be a bright white. I alsp plan on doing wainscott (sp) around the bottom half of the walls, also painted white, and will cap it off with ledge molding, as well as high molding around the bottom. I love the look of crisp white. I would like to creat a sort of farmhouse feel. Upon looking through some books, I have seen this one particular style I would like to copy, but can't figure out the floor. This style I have seen, has exactly what I plan on doing above, but the floor is a destressed black wood? How on earth do I do this? Seems that period had painted wood floors? At any rate, if I don't go with the wood, could u possibly lend some ideas as to a floor that was popular with farm houses back in that period? I thought about the black and white tile, but that is out. It feels a bit too 1920's, not so much the feel I'm looking for, but VERY close, just a bit more country.

Would you lend some ideas as to what type/color to do a farmhouse style bathroom?

Much thanks for your time!
-Jenn

Answer
Check out the wood-laminate flooring options.  You can find many styles and colors that will give you just the look you want without costing you a fortune.  Many "appear" distressed - almost a barnwood look - but are actually smooth to the touch.  Visit your biggest carpet and flooring store to see samples.

Jenny

PS;  I have wood laminate in both my baths; it's easy to clean, care for and looks great!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik