Decorating & Furniture/Bathroom tile color problem

Hi Jenny!
We have a bath that is rectangular 15 x 12.  On the LEFT are tiled double sink vanity w/oak cupboards/drawers extending across the entire length of the room w/a cut-in over the toilet. Mirror covers the rest of the wall to the ceiling above that.  On the RIGHT is a floor to ceiling tile wall and white sunken tub and a glass enclosed shower. The tile on the right side forms a " ] "-shaped area but stops at the door section of the shower stall.  The floor is also tiled. There is only a small space that has paintable surface - the wall you see straight ahead when entering, between the tile at shower edge and the tile ending above toilet. All tile is same color and size.

My problem is the TILE COLOR - medium shade of SALMON! How can I neutralize this space?  Have always heard that you can paint everything the same color to help this problem.  We are selling our house and the room needs to be non-gender so that rules out any flouncy/flowered shower curtains, etc.  Would really appreciate your input, ideas, etc.  In other words: HELP!!!!
Thank youvSO MUCH  for taking the time to review this!  With Best Regards, Steph  

Tile can be painted, and many bath/tub refinishing places will do an entire bath for less than $300 (a bargain if you ask me).  Consider that as an option.  

If you don't have an affordable refinisher, consider using a medium shade of green to counterbalance the salmon shade.  Consider using a green, white, salmon (small) stripe and use white towels and accessories.  

Best wishes,

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology