Decorating & Furniture/Bay Window Curtain Rods

Hi Jenny,

I am a new homeowner and learning alot in the process. I have bay windows and I purchased some bay window curtain rods and for some reason I can not figure out how to put them together.  Can you point me to a site or give me instructions on how to put them together.  I have the center rod, and two side rods and then an extra little rod and some screws and threaders and some other little metal thing that i guess is for support..I have two of those.
Any advice and/or suggestions you can give me would definitely help me.

Hi Angela,

Congrats on home ownership!  It's a constant thing; always something to do, but well worth it.  

If your rods are Kirsch (these are the ones I've seen that are specifically made for bay windows) the best thing to do is visit their website.  If the rods and brackets are by another manufacturer, try locating their website.  

Since bay windows "bend" the threaders are probably used to join the middle with the sides; the metal thing (both of them) is either the bracket or a support.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology